When is registration held?
- Fall registration is usually held in August with the season starting in September.
- Spring registration is usually held during January/February with the season starting in March.
What age group will my child play with?
AGE DIVISIONS (4 years old — 18 years old)
U6 — Players born between 2013-2014
U8 — Players born between 2011-2012
U10 — Players born between 2009-2010
U12 — Players born between 2007-2008
U14 — Players born between 2005-2006
(U12 & u14 have combined for local play)
U17 — Players born between 2003-2004
U19 — Players born between 2001-2002
(U17 & u19 have combined for local play)
All Divisions are Co-ed.
When are games?
Schedules will generally work as follows:
Monday: U6 games
Tuesday: U8 games
Wednesday: No scheduled games
Thursday: U10 games and U12/14 games
Friday: No scheduled games
Saturday: All age groups will play games
Sunday: No scheduled games
How many practices and games will there be each week?
There can be a maximum of 3 events per week. For example: if there are 2 games scheduled for that week (one on Monday and one on Saturday-for U6) then the coach may only schedule 1 practice for the week. But, if the team only has a game on Saturday then they could have 2 practices that week. However the combination works out they will only have 3 events per week, either games or practices.
When are practices?
- Practice dates and times are determined by the coach of the team. The coaches must follow the 3 events per week rule, but they may have practices whenever it is convenient for him/her and his/her team.
How long is the season?
- Each team is scheduled for 8 games. The season will generally last 6 weeks (2 weeks for practices followed by 2 games per week for 4 weeks.) However, due to rain-outs and such, the season could possibly take longer. Sometimes teams will choose not to make-up games and forfeit instead of playing if the season begins to go too long, however every attempt will be made to reschedule rain-outs.
What can I do to help?
- Altus Soccer Club is a volunteer run nonprofit organization. We can always use more help! If you are looking for ways to help, here are some things that we ALWAYS need:
- Referees (this is a paid position after the required training course)
- Board members
- Team parents
How do I sign up to help?
- Coaches: Please contact our coaching coordinator.
- Referees: Please contact our referee coordinator.
- Board members: Please contact our secretary.
- Team parents: Please contact your coach.
All contact information can be found on the “About Us” page.
Thank you for all your support!
Altus Soccer Club